8/08/2014

Thai dinner with best friend!

Hello!
So couples of days ago I invited my best friend Mary, who you might recognize her as she already appeared in my blog, and cooked traditional thai dish, pad thai. Well, it wasn't really traditional, beacuse I didn't have some ingredients like tamarind paste, but it was still good and we had a blast eating it. SO if you want to cook it too, recipe below. And if you want an original recipe, go to          

 http://sortedfood.com/#!/search/pad%20thai/. Good luck!

 


 Ingredients:
  • chicken breast
  • 2 limes
  • soy sauce
  • rice noodles (I used vermicelli)
  • an egg
  • about 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar
  • peanut oil
  • peanuts
  • your favourite vegetables (I used carrots, green beans, red paprika)
  • bean sprouts
  • a bunch of sliced spring onions

Cut the chicken breast to thin slices and marinate it in some soy sauce and lime juice for at least an hour. Heat the wok. When the wok starts 'smoking', add oil and the chicken. Fry it until the chicken is carmelized. Cook the noodles accorind to the packet instructions. Roast some peanuts. Add your vegetables and bean sprouts to the wok and stir. Add brown sugar, lime juice and more soy sauce. Then add the egg and slightly stir. Leave it for 30 seconds. Drain the noodles and add to the wok. Stir through the spring onion and peanuts.

Bon appetit!




You can see Lecho in the back :). There wasn't enough room for it in the fridge, because my Mom cooked too much food.


Kate the masterchef :). Apparently when I'm cooking I make serious face.


The reason I didn't add paprika to the wok is that Mary doesn't like it. I mean, HOW?
































My plate :).


Mary's plate :(.

Bye, 

Kate xx

P.S. Tomorrow I'm finally going on vacations. My family and I are going to Chech Republic! I don't know If we will have WiFi. So I'll just say see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great recipe, i'll have to try it one day :)

    hellomynamesanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bookmarked it, looks awesome and gave me an appetite right away! Pyszne :-)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2016 Little Pink Succulent , Blogger