10/26/2014

Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Latte!


Hello!
Today's weather was really hesitant. In the morning it was all sunny and beautiful, and then it was freezing cold and the sky was grey. You can really feel autumn now. And that's why I've decided that it's time for a recipe, which is pumpkin spice latte. I'm not usually a coffee person, I rather drink tea. But since this drink is so popular I thought I need to try it. And let me tell you that there are many recipes, but they all contained cream and white sugar, which I don't eat. So I changed some ingredients to healthy alternatives. And it is sooo good! You definitely have to try it!



Ingredients (makes 1 mug):
  • 1 shot of espresso
  • 1 cup of skimmed milk (you can use almond milk if you would like to)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
  • 1 teaspoon of dark brown sugar*
  • 1 teaspoon of honey*
  • 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree (I used homemade pumpkin puree as it's healthier)
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
*you can add a sweetner of your choice

In a small saucepan over small heat, cook the pumpkin with spices for about 2 minutes or until it's hot and smells cooked. Then add sugar and honey. Stir in milk. Warm gently over medium heat. Meanwhile make coffee in a mug. Then add pumpkin milk. And if you want more creamy latte, you can whipped the half of the milk and add it with espresso.

If you would like to, you can add some whipped cream, but it won't be healthy anymore, obvious :).


Bye,
Kate xx

P.S. I changed my comment section, so now you can add a comment anonymously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Little Pink Succulent , Blogger