11/28/2014

Recipe: One of my favourite healthy breakfasts! (Vanilla porridge with nuts and banana)


Hello!
Finally a recipe post! As you already know I'm eating 'healthy' for about 6 months now, which is craaaazyy. So I'm going to share with you a recipe of one of my favourite breakfasts, porridge. If you're following my Instagram account, you can see many and many photos of it.
Many people say that porridge is awful, even I used to say that. But then I found a recipe from Niomi Smart' blog and I gave it a try.
In my opinion this is the best food to start the day with. It's full of good nutrients that will keep you healthy and full. It is also soo delicious! And the best thing about porridge is that you can always add different ingredients. But I'm going to show you one, that I usually eat at weekends- it's that time when I have more time to prepare it.
So let's go!


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup of regular oat flakes 
  • 1/4 cup of milk 
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • 1 tablespoon of oat brans
  • 1 small raw banana, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
  • 1 flat teaspoon of ground flax seeds
  • 1 tablespoon of amaranth (you can get it usually in organic section in supermarkets)
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon of honey (it's optional, I sometimes add it, sometimes not)
  • and nuts: hazel nuts, almonds, cashew nuts... just go nuts with nuts :)
Pour the milk, oat flakes and amaranth into a small pan and cook it on a small heat. When it's almost ready, add oat brans. Then take away from the heat and add the rest of the ingredients. What I do is I put half of slices of banana into the porridge and the rest of it just place on the top to looke nicer and tastier. And that is it!


My Instagram photos:










Bye,
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Little Pink Succulent , Blogger