1/08/2015

Recipe: Healthy Chocolate and Almond Cookies!




Hello!
So you might see this recipie in my Christmas baking post, which I got from Niomi Smart. It's a really simple and yummy recipe for healthy chocolate and almond spiced cookies. I've made them once, but with a little twist. Instead of almonds I added walnuts, because I didn't have them at the moment. And let me tell you they were delicious! I also made a little mistake. In the recipe you have to heat the wet ingredients and I was stupid enough to pour the hot mixture into the bowl, so of course the chocolate malted.
Anyway, this time I tried with almonds and since it's not Christmas anymore :( I changed the spices to vanilla extract. To be honest I liked the first ones more, maybe because I like walnuts more than almonds. And I just realised that in this recipe you can try any ground nuts you like. Well, here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Ground Almonds
  • 2 heaped tbsp Coconut Oil
  • 4-5 Squares of Dark Chocolate or use Chocolate Chips
  • 1 tbsp Agave Nectar (or 1.5 tbsp pure maple syrup)- I added 2 tbsp of honey 
  • 1/2 Mashed Ripe Banana
  • 1 tbsp Almond Butter- believe me or not but I can't find almond butter anywhere, so I used peanut butter
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  1. Pre-heat oven to 170C.
  2. Mash the ripe banana and chop the chocolate into chunks.
  3. In a saucepan, heat the coconut oil on a low heat. When it is melted, add the syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Keep on a low heat and stir until ingredients are combined.
  4. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground almonds and baking powder. Mix in the mashed banana, chocolate chunks and almond butter.
  5. Now add the melted ingredients and stir it altogether until combined. All the ingredients should stick together until the bowl is clean.
  6. Take a tablespoon amount of the mixture and place onto a tray with greaseproof paper. Press down to form a cookie.
  7. Press the back of a fork onto each of the cookies and bake for 15 minutes.
  8. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool.




Bye,
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Little Pink Succulent , Blogger