2/08/2015

Recipe: Whole Spelt Rolls (Buns).

Hello!
At the end of the winter break I found some time to make this delicious rolls. I used the recipe from polish blog (link:KwestiaSmaku). But since I've been loving spelt bread I decided to change the flour and also make them more nutritious. So I added oat brans and more seeds on top. I also changed white sugar to unrefined cain sugar and powdered milk into regular milk.
Let me tell you, these rolls are the best rolls I have ever eaten in my life. LITERALLY! They are very soft and moist in the middle and crunchy on the outside. Whilst the supermarket ones are only soft for a day, the homemade ones last even 3 days! What a shame I don't have enough time to make them everyday ... I really really really recommend this recipe and I dare you to try it ;).



Ingredients:
  • 2 potatoes
  • 2 cups of whole spelt flour
  • 1 cup of white spelt flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 1/4 tsp dried yeast
  • 3 tbsp cain sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup of milk
  • 1/4 cup of butter
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbsp oat brans
  • 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
  • 4 tbsp rye flakes (or any flakes you like)
  • any seeds you want- I used pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds, sunflower seeds

  1. Peel the potatoes and cooked them in lightly salted water. Then mash them into puree consistency.
  2. Into a large bowl pour the flower, salt, ground flax seeds, oat brans, dried yeast, sugar and mix it all up.
  3. In a sauce pan heat up milk and butter. It must be warm, not hot!
  4. Make a hole in the flour and add potatoes, milk with butter. Mix it with a wooden spoon. Add the egg yolk and mix it again. Then turn out onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes until it's smooth and elastic and isn't sticky.
  5. Put it back into a bowl, cover it with a cloth and leave it in a warm place for about 1-1,5h until doubled in size.
  6. Put the dough again onto a floured surface, then divide it into 8 equal rolls. 
  7. Transfer the rolls onto a baking tray with baking paper, cover with the same cloth and leave them for another 1h 15 minutes in a warm place.
  8. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
  9. Lubricate (hate that word haha) the rolls with egg white and sprinkle them with seeds and rye flakes. 
  10. Bake for 28 minutes.
  11. Put them out of the oven and wait 5 minutes. Then separate them and leave to cool.









Bye,
Kate xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Little Pink Succulent , Blogger