3/10/2015

Recipe: Simple 5 Ingredient Vegan Cookies.




Hello!
Another vegan cookie recipe, which I got from a blog called Minimalist Baker (my favourite cooking blog right now). It's super simple and really good. The basic batter only needs 5 ingredients, but if you want to you can add as many topping as you wish. I made mine pretty simple, because unfortunately I run out of dark chocolate and goji berries :'(. But they were delicious anyway.
And I'm already saying that I'm not vegan at all. I just like vegan cookies more than those unhealthy ones, with butter and white sugar. Also I feel like after eating 2 or 3 small cookies my need for sugar disappears and I won't feel hungry for another 1 hour. So that's good.

*I changed some ingredients just for my own preference, so if you want the original recipe (also gluten free) just click the link to the blog above.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and then drained)
  • 1 medium ripe banana
  • 3 tbsp homemade peanut butter (my recipe)
  • 3/4 cup ground hazel nuts
  • 3/4 cup rye flakes
  • optional add-ins (I added flax seeds and sprinkled them with poppy seeds)

  1. Add dates to a food processor and pulse until small bits remain.
  2. Add banana and peanut butter and mix again until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
  3. Next add ground hazel nuts and rye flakes and pulse until a loose dough is formed. It will be kind of wet and sticky. 
  4. Scrape your dough into a mixing bowl. 
  5. At this point, you can add in 1/4 cup of your mix-in of choice. Then chill dough for 10 minutes and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  6. Scoop out 1 Tbsp amounts of your cookie dough and form into loose discs, then arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet.
  7. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and somewhat firm to the touch. 
  8. Remove and let set for a few minutes on the pan, then carefully transfer to a plate or cooling rack to cool. 






Bye,
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Little Pink Succulent , Blogger