6/21/2015

Recipe: Veggie Super Bowl!


Hello!

Yes, another recipe and it's not for cookies ;).

So many times did I see this dish on the Internet, it got really popular. Consequently I had to give it a go. I searched through some recipes and I finally found a post on a blog (which of course I can't remember) showing how to make a basic veggie bowl.

Today I'm going to show you how I made mine. And to be honest I thought it's going to taste like a boring salad, but it did not. Oh no. It was so delicious! And it so comprehensive dish, you can easly change ingriedients without worrying that it might taste awful.

In addition, it's a very healthy and filling dish. It kept me full for about 4 hours! So I really recommend you to give it a try :).



Since the veggie bowl is a vegan course, it's very important that all the needed nutrients are included in this dish. And here is a list of needed ingredients:
  1. Grains, seeds, noodles or starchy vegetables: brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole wheat noodles, amaranth, quinoa, oats.
  2. The greens: spinach, kale, rocket.
  3. The protein: tofu, beans, lentil, tempeh, chickpeas, etc.
  4. And more vegetables!

Ingredients (2 portions)
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • can of lentil, drained and rinsed
  • sweet potato
  • 1/2 red bell pepper
  • 1/2 cucamber
  • 1/2 red onion
  • handful of cauliflower
  • 1/2 tomatoe
for the sauce:
  • 1/2 ripe avocado
  • 2 tsp pesto (you can replace it with vegan version)
All you need to do is chopping all the ingredients (bedides lentil and spinach). Cook the sweet potatoe and cauliflower on the steam. For the sauce: place avocado and pesto into a blender and mix until creamy consistency (you can also just use a fork). Place everything on a plate, don't forget the sauce. Sprinkle with some salt, pepper and chilli flakes. DONE!










Bye,
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Little Pink Succulent , Blogger