7/17/2015

Recipe: Grain-free Cauliflower Crust Pizza.


Hi!

Finally have some quality time to write a post. Four days ago I had a pleasure hosting Mary (my BFF) in my house. We talked, watched 'K-Pax' (very strange movie) and also ate some great food including this pizza, which I'm going to talk about today.

While searching for a recipe for dinner I came across this one: low carb cauliflower crust pizza on PopSugar- one of my favourite fitness sites right now. And at first to be honest I wasn't sure if it will actually taste good, but it was too interesting to not try.




And here's the verdict: one of the best pizzas I have ever eaten! Mary and I were very surprised that it tasted that good. It was crispy, cheesy, just delicious. Mary also pointed out that it wasn't heavy as the regular base.

To sum things up it's worth trying and I know that I'll make this soon. Also half of this crust is less than 300 calories, so it's definately guilty-free :). And since it doesn't contain any yeast, it doesn't need time to rise. And kneating too.


Ingredients:
  • olive oil
  • 2 1/2 cups of cauliflower, grated
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
  • salt & pepper
  • 3 tablespoons tomatoe puree
  • 2 cloves garlic, sliced or minced
  • fresh or dried herbs: oregano, basil
  • any topping you want- I added kale, tomatoe, ham, red oniond and mashrooms

  1. Preheat the oven to 200C and grease a pizza pan with olive oil. 
  2. Grate the cauliflower, then place it in a large bowl and microwave for 7-8 minutes until soft. Remove and let it cool.
  3. Mix in the egg, mozzarella and parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Transfer it onto the pan and bake for 10 minutes (I kept it for 20 minutes with air flow for more crispy finish)
  4. Top the pizza with tomatoe puree mixed with herbs and garlic, add the rest of your toppings and put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Done!






Bye,
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Little Pink Succulent , Blogger