11/27/2015

Recipe: Granola.



Hi there!

Recently I've been obssesed with 2 breakfast foods: avocado and egg on toast and granola with yogurt, fruit and peanut butter. Today I'm going to talk about the second one.

I think you all have heard about granola, it's been very popular lately for its nutritional properties, loved by vegans and generaly healthy food fans. And I decided to give it a go. But you know me and my passion for cooking ang baking, I had to make it myself.

Searching through some recipes I came across this one by Deliciously Ella. If you are old to my channel you may remember a soup recipe that I made from her site (here). And because it tasted delicious I picked another recipe to try, which was of course granola, and changed a few things.

First of all before you even try to make this, learn from my mistakes. Thinking it'll be an easy treat to bake I kinda failed. I didn't read the whole recipe meaning I put some dried cranberries into the oven. And they became very hard but fortunately edible. Worse happend to goji berries as they were a little burnt and so bitter I had to pick everything out of the granola. Yeahh, and to addition I also burnt a little the whole thing, but again fortunately only the top.

Although so much happend in short amount of time it still tasted delicious. And as I'm writing this I'm eating another bowl :).

Really recommend trying this recipe, you'll be having an amazing breakfast everyday.

Ingriedients:
  • 2 1/2 cup of oats
  • 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
  • 1 cup of sunflower seeds
  • 1 cup of chopped walnuts
  • 1 cup of dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup of flax seeds
  • 100 g goji berries
  • 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
  • 3 tablespoons of honey
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 160 C degrees. Mix all the dry ingriedients besides goji berries and cranberries. In a small pan heat up the coconut oil with honey only to combine them (try to not overheat!). Mix the liquid with the rest. Lay granola on the tray and put it in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, stir occasionaly so it doesn't burn. Remove the tray from the oven, leave to chill. When it's cold add in goji berries and cranberries. Enjoy!



Bye,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Little Pink Succulent , Blogger