2/03/2016

Recipe: Healthy Chocolate Muffins with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting.



Hi there!

I had one of my biggest blog breaks again. And again I had writer's block, meaning an empty of ideas brain. But I couldn't wait until I come up with something new, so I decided to move my ass finally and at least upload a recipe post. Anywas, at least I hope I'm going to be right back on track after posting this one.


As I have winter break right now, it means that I can finally bake something. For the last month the only thing I've done was studying. Yesterday I was going to my best friends house and this was a perfect excuse to prepare something. And I decided to make muffins, the easiest and quickest things to bake. To my surprise there isn't even one recipe for cupcakes or muffins on my blog, because I love making them.

The recipe for the chocolate muffins I found on MyRecipes.com. To spice things a little bit I changed some of the ingredients, so if you want to follow the original recipe click here.


These muffins are absolutely to die for. Soft, moist and mouth watering. They aren't as sweet as regular ones, if you want to you can add more sugar. But I got around with it adding a maple cream cheese frosting on top, which is much better aternative to sugar icing. To add some chrunch I also chopped some cashew nuts and for extra bitterness dark chocolate chips. Perfect for breakfast or just to satisfy your chocolate cravings :).

Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup coconut sugar
  • 1/4 cup unrefined cane sugar
  • 1/4 cup cacoa
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup warm milk
  • 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped chasew nuts
for frosting:
  • 100g cream cheese
  • 2 tbsp pure maple syrop
  • 1/5 tsp vanilla extract

  1. 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  2. Preheat oven to 180°C.
  3. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine 1 cup milk and next 3 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in chocolate chips. 
  4. Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
  5. Frosting: combine all the ingredients.
  6. Place the frosting on top of the muffins.

Bye,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Little Pink Succulent , Blogger