6/04/2016

Recipe: Greek Yogurt Banana Bread.



Hi!

Coming at you with a new recipe today. A couple of days ago I was thinking what should be my first recipe after such a long time and I thought why not something healthier and simple, but also sweet (for all my sweets lovers out there ;) ). And what is better than a delicious, rich in flavour banana bread? That's right, nothing! Ok, maybe chocolate, but about that another time.


I found the recipe on one of my favourite food blogs, Running with Spoons. I tried so many recipes from this blog and I absolutely love it. And this time wasn't any different. 

The banana bread is moist, soft, chewy, crunchy (with nuts) and has an amazing rich banana flavour. Made without any added oil or butter, perfect alternative to the traditional version! When I made it, it disappeared the same day and not only because of me :).




RECIPE:
Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups white spelt flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda*
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 large egss, lightly beaten
  • 2 medium ripe bananas (I used 3)
  • 1/2 cup greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup (I used unrefined cane sugar)**
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
  • optional: walnuts, chocolate chips or just any nuts

1. Preheat your oven to 175C and lightly greas a bread pan (I used the baking parchment).
2. In a bowl combine all dry ingredients.
3. Lightly beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, yogurt, maple syrup and stir until well combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Now is a good time to add any addings.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Remove from rhe oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack to chill complitely.

* I recommend adding only 1 teaspoon of baking powder, because you can really taste it if you add more.
**The recipe also says to add another 1/4 cup of brown sugar, but it depends how sweet you want it to be.


Have fun baking!

Bye,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Little Pink Succulent , Blogger