7/03/2016

Recipe: Vegan Bolognese with Zucchini Noodles.

Hi!

I think it's already time to post a dinner recipe, because the last one I wrote like a year ago or something like that.


Since it's summer and I'm home often than usual I started to change my eating habits. And of course usual me I forgot to tell you that I'm vegeterian now, for about 4 months (can't really remember when I started). But because I have much more time to prepare my meals I'm trying as much as I can to cut dairy meaning I'm slowly turning vegan! And it can be pretty difficult sometimes, especially when it comes to my favourite meals and finding plant based protein. But I hope it will all turn out great and I won't have any health problems with that.


So sticking with the plan I was looking through tons of recipes for vegan easy meals and this one came up: vegan bolognese. If you know me well you know that I absolutely love italian food, especially pasta. it's the only thing I could eat for the rest of my life and I wouldn't get bored of it. That's why I needed to try it.

I found some similar recipes but at the end, as always, I decided to make my own version using green lentils (my current favourite food). And it's absolutely delicious!

I can't really tell you how many times I have cooked this dish. It's so easy and quick. And you won't even notice there's no meat in it, because it's much more better! And of course it's healthy af :D.

So I encourage you to try it, even if you're not vegan.

Ingredients:

  • 250g green lentils
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 celery sticks
  • 1 onion
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 bottle of tomato sauce (about 600g)
  • big handful of fresh basil
  • small handful of fresh thyme and parsley
  • salt & pepper
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
  • chopped nuts (I used almonds)
  • half of a zucchini

1. Start with cooking the lentils.
2. Chop the carrots, celery sticks and onion to the same size pieces and add them to a food procesor. Proces until small bits remain.
3. Heat oil in a big pot, add minced garlic and chopped vegetables. Fry them for about 10 minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce, chopped herbs and salt & pepper to the vegetables. Cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
5. Drain the lentils and put them into the pot, mix well.
5. In the meantime, prepare the noodles (I use a grater).
6. Cook the noodles in a microwave for 1,5 minute or on a pan.
7. Serve with more fresh basil and chopped nuts!
8. Done!


Let me know how it went ;)!

Bye,






No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2016 Little Pink Succulent , Blogger